We are looking for an awesome Online Program Faciliator
About Celebrate EDU
Celebrate EDU is a Colorado-based 501c3 nonprofit that empowers self-advocates with developmental disabilities to create happy and purposeful lives by providing entrepreneurial education that builds on their interests and strengths.
Spark 101 is our flagship business education program. It is a self-paced online program with educational videos, assessments, and activities designed to help self-advocates learn about their strengths and interests, and how to turn those into employment opportunities. Participants in Spark 101 have the opportunity for live check-ins with facilitators who can answer questions and help them progress through the program. The program is designed to be completed in 2-3 weeks.
About the Role
We are seeking a facilitator for our online Spark 101 class. This person will conduct 1-2 virtual check-in meetings per week with each group of students and will be responsible for:
- Encouraging and energizing students as they complete the self-paced modules
- Facilitating Zoom meetings
- Answering questions about the content and platform
- Monitoring individual student progress through our course platform
- Downloading and reviewing student work prior to check-ins
- Scheduling check-in appointments with self-advocates, support persons, and classroom teachers (we’ll provide you a nifty scheduling link that automatically generates a Zoom link when you schedule a meeting)
- Offering light tech support/troubleshooting for video and audio on Zoom calls
- Light research on specific jobs or industries as needed per student interest
There may be anywhere from 1-8 students present at a check-in. We will provide paid training time including observation and co-facilitation of check-ins with Celebrate EDU staff.
This role is part-time and remote.
Who We’re Looking For
We would love to find someone who has experience working with people with disabilities and diverse learners. This experience can come from formal employment or life experience. (After all, Celebrate EDU was inspired by the founder’s brother!) If you have interest or experience with self-employment, even better!
More than any job title, though, we are looking for someone who is:
- Good at asking questions (and listening for the answers)
- An enthusiastic learner
- Tech-savvy or tech-comfortable (we can teach the details of Zoom but it will be helpful if you’re good at Googling a few things on the fly)
- Committed to helping our students discover their own awesome
If you’re comfortable with the following technologies, that’s a big plus but not required:
- WordPress (no coding, just navigating the administrative dashboard)
We do require a pre-employment background check.
This role starts at 4-6 hours per week, with potential for growth based on student demand. Our students are located in all time zones. You must be available for 2-3 hour periods on weekdays between 9:00am – 3:00pm MST
Compensation starts at $25 – $30/hour. This is a part-time employee (W-2) position with no benefits.
Please complete this application form: